Who we are
Simply Bee Natural Beeswax trades as a brick and mortar business as well as online via our websites:
Simply Bee Natural Beeswax PTY (Ltd)
31A Church Street, Hopefield, 7355, Western Cape, South Africa
+27(0)72 802 3634
What information do we collect
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- Any details you entered in our contact forms
- Visitor comments on products and blog-articles
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
What is Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that your site may place on your computer as a tool to remember your preferences.
Who has access to the information we collect
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us.
For example, both Website Administrators, Webmaster and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
- Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
- Third party services as plugins on our website
Third party services we share information with
Payfast Payment gateway (see tab)
Google Analytics (see tab)
Woocommerce (see tab)
To improve your experience on our site, we may use ‘cookies’. Please read the tab on ‘Cookies’ to understand what they are how they are used.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmit website traffic data to Google servers in the United States.
Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your OP address with any other data held by Google.
We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
Woocommerce (Online Shop)
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name,
- billing address,
- shipping address,
- email address,
- phone number,
- optional account information like username and password.
We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
We accept payments through Payfast – a third party payment gateway in South Africa.
When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Payfast, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
How long do we store your information
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Users registering accounts submit information they provide in their user profile and it’s on our site until until it’s removed manually by the user or person(s) with access to the site.
The users themselves as well as the person(s) with access (see ‘Who has access’ tab) can see, edit, or delete the personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username).