1 Astrolabe Place,
Auckland, New Zealand
Tel: 022 043 7756
Petal Dew – http://www.petaldew.co.za
Feelgood Health – https://www.feelgoodhealth.co.za
Conscious Consumption – https://consciousconsumption.co.za/
Mindful Body – http://www.mindfulbody.co.za
Madebyartisans – http://www.madebyartisans.co.za
Holisteeq – https://holisteeq.co.za
Switch on to life Health – https://www.localdash.co.za/SwitchHealth
Anadea Health – https://www.anadea.co.za
The Pink Flamingo – http://www.thepinkflamingo.co.za
PeachZone – http://peachzone.co.za
Nature Shack – http://natureshack.co.za
Made by Nature – http://madebynature.co.za
Only Natural – http://www.onlynatural.co.za
Simply Green Eco – www.simplygreeneco.co.za
Simplybee Natural Beeswax – www.simplybee.co.za
Wellness Warehouse – www.welnesswarehouse.com
Faithful to Nature – www.faithful-to-nature.co.za
Tel: +243 817 200 449
Sangido Farmers International
Plaas Eendracht 1 of 185
C/o R103 Alberton Road & R23 Benoni, Heidelberg, Gauteng
Tel: 083 320 9373
With winter upon us it also brings with it some unwelcome visitors. Our old friends Cold and Flu.. There is some natural remedies available and it’s a good idea to be prepared with this lovely Honey & Cinnamon cough & Cold Syrup. You can make this Cold and Cough mixture in less than 30 minutes. Make sure to stock up on Simply Bee Raw Honey, which is the main ingredient.
Natural Cough & Cold Syrup
2 Tablespoons unrefined Coconut Oil (melted),
3 Tablespoons Raw Honey,
1 Lemon – Juiced,
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1. Combine all the ingredients until well mixed. Pour into a glass jar.
(Please do not heat up the honey. Heating destroys the beneficial enzymes. If you must heat it up then place in a container of warm water to heat slowly)
2. Take 1 – 2 teaspoons 3 – 5 times a day at the first sign of a cold or cough.
Consult with your family doctor before giving this mixture to your baby.
Can you remember hearing that Honey improves memory for menopausal and post-menopausal women? Well, one study found that women given honey treatments for several weeks had the same boost in memory as women given oestrogen and progestin hormone therapy. So what other sweet stuff can honey be used for?
- The antioxidant properties in honey means you can apply it to your wound, and this will help it heal faster. Just let the honey sit for a few minutes and then rinse it off.
- Honey infused with propolis nourishes damaged skin, so helps scars fade. This is thanks to the same antioxidant properties which prevents infection in wounds. Massage raw honey on the affected skin using a circular motion for a minute or two.
- Need a gentler daily antibacterial scrub for your sensitive skin? Honey crystallizes over time, and the little granules break down in water. So you can use honey as a gentle exfoliant face wash. Warm it in your hands for a bit, and then apply to your face, and wash off afterwards.
- “The sugars in honey act as natural humectants and emollients that increase the water content and reduce dryness in the skin even after they have been washed off.” So says Ildi Pekar, celebrity facialist and owner of Ildi Pekar Skin Care. The moisturizing and soothing effects of raw honey means it can hydrate your skin. Try it- Apply honey to your skin as a face-mask for 20 minutes before massaging it off thoroughly with water.
- Honey can heal herpes sores just as quickly as pharmaceutical ointments and is better at dealing with the itchiness. Research shows honey to be effective in treating both oral and genital herpes.
- Take a teaspoon of honey with a pinch of salt when you wake up in the middle of the night, and can’t get back to sleep. “Early waking” insomnia can really mess with your productivity. Honey helps reset your levels of cortisol and adrenalin. The stress hormones that are keeping you from falling back into a cozy slumber.
- Pesky mosquitoes got through your defences and sprays? A drop of honey on a mosquito bite will reduce itchiness and irritation, and antibacterial qualities help prevent infection.
- Sneezing your nose off? Many believe that a dollop of honey desensitises you to pollen, and can help you develop immunity against allergies which cause hay fever.
- Stirring a tablespoon of honey in some warm water and adding this to a nice warm bath will make your skin smoother. Honey is full of antioxidants and your skin will love it.
- In addition to honey being a natural immune booster, natural anti-inflammatory agent, natural antimicrobial agent, there is also evidence that honey aids the healing of chronic ulcers and wounds; some of the risk factors for cancer development.
Limuru Road, Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: +254 717 488 565